Welcome to Equinox
The Equinox platform focus on the challenge of Sustainability in Project Finance context
Sustainability (both environmental and social) is a major issue that affects all economies. Developing tools and methodologies that improve the ability of all stakeholders to assess and report risks is an important objective and Equinox aims to help carry out this process as optimally as possible.
Equinox is a both a database and a web application that works together with a tailored data schema to provide easy access to sustainability data adhering to both regulatory requirements, protocols and recommendations and financial industry initiatives.
How does it work?
Running the application creates a server that can then be accessed via any regular web browser. NB: For easy installation and testing the current release uses a self-contained sqlite database instead of a production database server
The initial functionality of Equinox focuses on integrating the following concepts
- The European Banking Authority's Criteria for the Credit Risk Assessment of Project Finance under the Standardized approach for Specialized Lending
- The PCAF accounting and reporting recommendations for Project Finance GHG emissions
- The GHG Protocol for accounting for CO2 emissions
- The Equator Principles
Once the platform is up and running a wealth of functionality is available.
- A user can log-in into the application with their credentials
- Inspect the available data sets (tables or relations) that capture the EBA / EP / PCAF / GHG Protocol Data requirements
- Insert, Update or Delete records (e.g. new Project Data)
- Consult the documentation as to the meaning and requirements of each data element (TODO)
- An administrator can create users and user groups and assign permissions
- Perform bulk insertion or deletion of data sets
- Equinox is based on the well known and loved Python web framework Django
- Developers can customize and adapt the platform in unlimited ways
Join the Equinox community
The project aims to be driven by community needs. We welcome code contributions and feature requests via github.